The Needed Ingredients
For 24 delicious cookies, you will require:
- 1 cup or 2 sticks of unsalted butter at room temperature and cut into pieces (have additional butter for the pans)
- Half a cup of powdered sugar
- Half a cup of granulated sugar
- Half a teaspoon of salt
- Two and one-quarter cups of all-purpose flour
- A teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Half a cup of chopped walnuts
- Three ounces of your preferred type of chocolate – chopped
Preparing the Cookies
Beat the butter, granulated sugar, powdered sugar, and salt in a bowl using an electric mixer on medium. When you get a creamy consistency, beat in the vanilla and start mixing in the flour. Don’t overbeat the dough as it should be more clumpy than smooth. Beat in the walnuts and chocolate just enough to incorporate.
Pour out the dough onto the countertop and knead gently to form two six-inch long logs about two inches in diameter. Wrap them in plastic wrap and refrigerate them for at least two hours.
Getting That Caramelized Flavor
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Butter two 12-cup muffin pans. Unwrap the logs and cut them into rounds at half-inch intervals. Place the rounds in the muffin cups and bake the cookies for 20-25 minutes, rotating the pans from top to bottom halfway through. Let the cookies cool in the pan for a few minutes before removing them. When cooked, each cookie should be golden in color and with lightly browned, caramelized edges. They store up to 7 days airtight at room temperature, so enjoy them with a cup of milk!