- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup unsalted cold butter
- ½ cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 1 egg for brushing before baking
These ingredients will get you around 12 banana scones. The recipe requires 15 mins prep, 20 mins cooking time, and an overall 35 to 40 minutes to complete.
How to Make Your Banana Scones
- Preheat your oven to 425F and cover two cookie sheets (or one big sheet) with parchment paper. Mash your bananas (in case you haven’t already).
- Grab a large bowl and sift together the baking powder, ½ cup of sugar, flour, and add a pinch of salt. Cut the cold butter into bits and use your hands to mix it with the flour mixture. Grab a small bowl and mix the milk with the 2 eggs. Then, add the mashed bananas and milk mixture into the flour and butter mix and stir until you form a dough.
- Place your dough on a lightly floured surface and form a ball. Flatten the dough into a 1-inch thick square. You can use a rolling pin if you want smoother results. Cut the dough into round disks or triangles, whichever shape you prefer or is easier for you to make. Gather the scraps and repeat until all of the dough has been shaped. Transfer them on the baking sheets.
- Grab a small bowl, beat the egg, and brush the tops of the scones. Sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar on top.
- Bake in the upper and lower thirds of the oven for 20 minutes. Switch the sheets halfway through the bake for even results.
- Transfer the banana scones to a rack to cool. Serve them with cream or jam, or a topping of your choice. Add walnuts or other nuts for extra flavor