Homemade Chocolate Truffles
These truffles are great to indulge in on any occasion or even as a weekend snack. The star ingredient in this recipe is grass-fed collagen + powder by mindbodygreen, which can be substituted with any protein powder if you so choose.
Not only are these chocolate truffles easy to make, but they are also a healthy alternative based on the ingredients required to make them. Collagen helps to support skin elasticity, hydration, and more. It contains Vitamin C and E so they have extra antioxidant support for your entire body.
This recipe can make about 10 to 12 chocolate truffles.
- ½ Cup of Dark Chocolate (melted)
- ½ of an Avocado
- 2 Scoops of MBG Grass-Fed Collagen + Powder
- Optional: ⅓ Cup of Cocoa Powder (for dusting)
- Optional: Toppings such as sea salt, sprinkles, cacao nibs, walnut pieces, coconut shreds, etc.
How to Make
- Start making the chocolate truffles by melting the dark chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds or over a double boiler and set it aside.
- Add the avocado (without the skin) to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add in the melted chocolate to the food processor along with the MBG collagen + and blend until smooth.
- Remove the mixture from the food processor and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Once a harder mixture has formed (after 30 minutes), use a ½ or ¾ teaspoon to form balls from the mixture.
- Roll the chocolate balls in the cocoa dusting if desired and add your toppings.
- Store the truffles in the fridge until you eat them.