For many couples, a dog is their first baby. When a newborn arrives, it’s essential to ensure a smooth transition for your furry friend. Dogs thrive on predictability, and the arrival of a baby can be confusing for them.
This guide provides a step-by-step approach to help your dog and baby coexist harmoniously, starting from the early stages of pregnancy.
Consider Dog Training
During the first trimester, consider enrolling your dog in a basic obedience class to address potential behavioral issues. Expose your dog to babies from a distance, either at the park or by walking near friends with infants in strollers. This gradual exposure helps acclimate your dog to the sight and sound of children.
Also, actively involving your dog in preparations for the baby is a good idea. Use a doll to simulate caring for an infant, allowing your dog to become familiar with baby gear and associated smells. Practice walking your dog alongside a stroller to familiarize them with the new routine.
Set Up Your Dog Care Plan
Plan for your dog’s care during your hospital stay. Arrange for sitters or friends familiar to your pet. Consider doggie daycare for additional socialization. Prepare individual servings of dog food, list essential numbers for the sitter, and keep the leash accessible for a smooth transition in case of sudden hospital visits.
As the due date approaches, spend quality time with your dog to address any emotional changes they may sense. Take leisurely walks or cuddle on the couch to reassure your pet. This quality time benefits both your dog’s well-being and your own emotional state.
The Hospital Journey
When in the hospital, have someone take home an item, like a bodysuit or blanket, with your baby’s scent. This allows your dog to become familiar with the new smell before the baby’s arrival home!
Upon returning home, greet your dog first before introducing them to the baby. Allow your dog to sniff and get acquainted gradually. Reward your dog during baby-related activities to create positive associations.
How to Help Your Baby and Dog Get Along
You can involve your dog with you and your baby, and redirect an infant’s inappropriate behaviors at appropriate times. Establish areas and ensure that there are enough dog-friendly toys.
You also need to monitor every exchange. These are the stages that shall make up a suitable atmosphere for comfortable family living while incorporating healthy co-existence. Remember, a dog is a man’s best friend for a reason!
Garlic Bread is an indispensable side to a pasta dish. It’s delectable as an appetizer or an anytime snack. But when you’re too tired to do everything from scratch, a handy shortcut is the way. Sometimes, these shortcuts surprisingly yield much better results than the authentic processes! Here is the 10-minute hack that can transform your leftover homemade dinner rolls or store-bought ones into a batch of last-minute delicious garlic bread. With this trick in your repertoire, homemade buttery garlic bread is always minutes away, ready to be served on a spontaneous pasta night or to satisfy a quick-nibble craving. Also, this extra-easy recipe usefully works with whatever you’ve got in your kitchen. So, let’s begin!
● Fat: You don’t need to set out the butter to soften for this quick recipe. Because it’s the melted butter that’ll seep into every nook and cranny of the roll, making it ultra-flavorful. Add a pinch of salt if the butter is unsalted. If no butter is in the scene, grab your olive oil instead.
● Garlic: Grated or freshly minced garlic goes better with the recipe. But you can also use a pinch of garlic powder if that’s what you got on hand.
● Herb: Fresh parsley is the best here. But dried parsley or Italian seasoning will work too.
● Cheese: It’s an optional step. But obviously, some shredded mozzarella or a good grating of parmesan will take the decadence of your garlic bread up to a notch.
The Garlic Butter
Simply take a small bowl and mix the following ingredients:
● Melted butter, ½ cup or 1 stick / Olive oil, ½ cup
● Grated or minced garlic, 4 cloves / Garlic powder, 1 teaspoon
● Finely chopped fresh parsley, ¼ cup / Garlic powder or Italian seasoning, 2 teaspoons
● Grated parmesan or shredded mozzarella, ¼ cup (optional)
● Salt and black pepper, to taste
With this amount, you can flavor 12 large or six small dinner rolls, or even a pack of burger buns.
● Line a baking sheet with foil. Arrange two racks in the oven and preheat it to 350oF.
● Slice the dinner rolls or buns in halves horizontally. Brush all the halves generously with the prepared garlic butter.
● Bake the flavored rolls on the lower rack for 8-10 minutes, until they’re warm. Then transfer them to the upper rack and broil for 1-2 minutes, until the edges turn toasty.
● Switch off the oven. Serve this easy-peasy garlic bread warm and soft, and enjoy!